One of my all time favorite chefs is Ferran Adrià. El Bulli is a restaurant that has been on my list of places to try but now that dream is not going to happen as he closed the restaurant in 2012 saying it was due to “massive monetary loss”. However, I still follow all that he does and recently bought his book “The Family Meal”. I cooked a dinner for my family with the recipes from this book and today I am going to share one of many to come.
My dad loves to eat a small piece of yam every morning. It is supposed to be very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Potassium and Manganese.
(Serving Size – 6)
6, Sweet Potatoes (100g each)
180g, Whipping Cream (35% fat)
5 tsp, Sugar
6 tbsp, Honey
1. Preheat oven to 180 celsius or 350 fahrenheit
2. Put the sweet potatoes into a toasting tin or pan for 40 minutes
3. When the sweet potatoes are almost cooked, pour the cream into a large bowl. Add the sugar.
4. Use a whisk or free-standing mixer to whip the cream to soft peaks.
5. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Cut them in half lengthwise. They should be crisp on the outside and tender in the center.
6. Pour honey on each piece and then top with the whipped cream.